Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of HTML Help Maker - savannah.nongnu.o

From: Jonathan Gonzalez V.
Subject: Re: [Savannah-hackers] submission of HTML Help Maker - savannah.nongnu.org
Date: Sat, 01 Jan 2005 12:08:19 -0300

address@hidden writes:

Hi Pabs,

Apologize for my big mistake, I deleted your project thinking that it
runs only over Microsoft Windows.

You choice the GNU GPL v2 only, but this is problematic. Would you
agree to license your project under the "GNU GPL v2 or later"?

The reason for this is that when we publish GPL v3, it will be important
for all GPL-covered programs to advance to GPL v3.  If you don't put
this in the files now, the only way to port your program to GPL v3
would be to ask each and every copyright holder, and that may be very
difficult.

We can explain the issue in more detail if you wish.  If you have
concerns about "GNU GPL v2 or later", we'd be happy to address them too.

Will you resubmit your project on Savannah considering the issue above?