[Savannah-help-public] [Savannah] gnosis want to be a GNU package

From: savannah-hackers
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [Savannah] gnosis want to be a GNU package
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 14:32:09 +0000

Hi,

The following project was submitted to Savannah. It needs evaluation to
become a GNU package, can you give it a look, please ?

Submitter: <address@hidden>
Project Full Name:  Gnosis
Project System Name:  gnosis
License:  gpl
Approval URL: https://savannah.gnu.org/admin/groupedit.php?group_id=7538
from the desktop downwards.  I want to see if I can simply modify the
software to be an Operating system, or if I need to create or add other
software to fill the requirements of an OS.

All software being used will be free software.  There is none at this
moment as I am only looking for a place to tell people about it.  There
isn't even a seperate site to this one (if I get accepted) so I can't add
a url.

The project will be built on components, that is the desktop, the core OS,
the core services, application services, graphics and multimedia,
application enviroments.

The Desktop will be a single component (w/out apps) within which all
dependancies will be filled or will be linked to in another component.

The apps themselves will have their dependancies filled within their
components. and if they rely upon anything that the desktop provides then
they will be linked to the desktop component.

The core OS component includes the kernel (linux), the filesystem  (will
be hfs++ and (gnomefs - to be written) linked together) and the hardware
drivers (apples).  All components will be linked to this.

The Core services will be things like Hal, networking, system
configuration, bash etc. Each component being a seperate service
The core services includes a number of components such as hal, etc

Application services will be provided by the required parts of x11.
Metacity and Nautilus providing most of the required application
enviroments and services.

Again the required parts of x11 are used to provide graphics and
multimedia, Gstreamer with apples open source quicktime streamer added to
it to provide quicktime functionality, for gnomemeeting, totem, etc,
Cairo, to provide a quartz like rendering for Gnosis.

As of this moment there is no website except for this one.

 -- the Savannah admin

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/