Re: [gnu.org #248647] Re: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104528] SMTP sende

From: Royce Pereira
Subject: Re: [gnu.org #248647] Re: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104528] SMTP sender verification appears to have a too short timeout
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 09:21:09 +0530

Hi all,
I'm the list subscriber who started this thread coz my mails to any nongnu.org bounced back though I'm subscribed.

So, in simple words- is the problem at my mail-server(smtp.mtnl.net.in) end, or at the nongnu.org end? Can anyone please explain to me in dumb language what caused this :) ?

Thanks & regards,
--Royce.
//------------------------------------
On Tue, 09 Aug 2005 01:52:25 +0530, Justin Baugh via RT <address@hidden> wrote:

> The remote site needs to fix this.

I fully agree.  Sorry for wasting your time. :-(

No worries. Exim has handy debug features that made it easy to quickly
determine what, precisely, was going on. :)

Too bad there are so many poorly maintained Internet sites.

The need to stop the flow of junk has caused many people to do
ridiculous things to their mail servers. This just seems like another
example of that (or, yes, probably a misconfiguration).

-Justin