[Savannah-help-public] [sr #104642] Old attachments of bug and patch tra

From: anonymous
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #104642] Old attachments of bug and patch trackers contain garbage
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2005 05:06:55 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Platform Version: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

We've observed it multiple times now that old attachments
of bug and patch trackers only contain garbage anymore.
As these are usually compressed files, their contents is
completely lost for the project.

I first observed this in the following patch tracker:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/patch/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=4087

See the audit-trail.  As the originator resubmitted the
patch, I deleted the original defunct attachment.

Now, another developer observed similar in:

https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=13330
https://savannah.nongnu.org/bugs/?func=detailitem&item_id=12739

Here, the original defunct attachments have still been
retained.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=104642>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/