[Savannah-help-public] Helping in Katrina/Rita Region

From: Tours and Group Coordinator
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Helping in Katrina/Rita Region
Date: Wednesday, 2 Nov 2005 03:16:07

Katrina/Rita Support Trip

7-days helping to rebuild in the Hurricane Region

Week of January 8-14 from Downtown Houston Christ Ambassadors Association, an association of Christian business and government leaders, will be starting monthly trips into Katrina / Rita Hurricane region. Our goal is to show our love to our neighbors by helping them cleanup and rebuild their communities. We have partnered with local ministries to use their location as our working hub. This is a true mission trip where we will not have the luxuries of home but sleeping on cots since hotels were even rendered unlivable and eating from the ministry kitchen.

Who should join us? If you are a Christian and believe the scripture - Galatians 6:10 (NIV) Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers. While there is so much to do both young and old, male or female are welcome to join the team. While the goal is not to persuade anyone to join our church or agree with our doctrine but to be living examples of Christ’s love for all to see.

What will it take to join us? First, a strong desire to serve and the humility to humble ones self to do what ever it is required to help.

In the cost of the charter bus fare is included 7-days of home cooked meals by the community we come to serve and a token fee for the expenses of the utilities on the building.

Contact Person: Glen Whiting, 972-256-2200

© Copyright (2005) ChristAmbassadors.org.
All Rights Reserved.
Packaged by Sky Master Travel, SkyMasterCentral.com
To update or Remove yourself from this newsletter [use this link]