Re: [Savannah-help-public] Alternatives to CVS

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Alternatives to CVS
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 20:52:23 +0100

On Fri, Nov 04, 2005 at 09:10:13AM -0700, Adam Fedor wrote:
> I don't want to belabor the point, and I know that the savannah admins
> are very busy, but can anyone say what the chance is that something
> else besides CVS will be installed on savannah anytime soon? I'd prefer
> SVN of course, as it's at least relatively stable and easy to learn
> (not GNU, but neither is CVS).
>
> There's quite a bit of pressure to switch my project somewhere else due
> to this.

Hi,

I'm getting fairly confident this will happen soon, and by soon, I
would expect by the end of the year. This for some reasons:
- the project approval queue is currently quite stable
- the basic building block we need for the internal reorganisation
  have been defined
- I found a job and I finished moving (except for getting some
  broadband), which means I eventually get more time back for Savannah

Best regards,