[Savannah-help-public] Ads in GPL projects

From: Immanuel Halupczok
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Ads in GPL projects
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 16:28:33 +0100

Hi.

In the project "cuyo" (hosted at savannah), there was some space left in a window, and as a joke, I put "Your ad here" in that space. Now someone took this for serious and asked if he could "buy" that space.

I have the following questions now:

1. Is it okay for savannah to host a project which contains an ad?
(The project would still be 100% gpl; in particular, everyone is allowed to remove the ad.)

If the answer to this question is no, then no need to answer the remaining questions.

2. Any opinion on who should get what part of the money? (I think, savannah should get a part of it.)

3. If you had any information about legal issues, (or of other cases of gpl software with ads inside), I would be glad if you could help me.

I hope I didn't waste too much of your time

           Immanuel

PS: If you want to know more details, just ask.

    Immanuel Halupczok       www.karimmi.de       www.croco-puzzle.com