[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105131] Still receiving many copies of rejec

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105131] Still receiving many copies of rejected email
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 10:55:58 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Platform Version: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

As <address@hidden> I've received sixteen copies
of this same email since last night
all with its 1.7-megabyte attachment. I've asked the sender
to do anything he can to stop it, but as far as I can tell
he only sent it once.

Reading the headers from the bottom up, they seem identical
(including timestamps) up to the point where the email
leaves lists.gnu.org .

Last night, I used
  http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/admindb/lmi
to purge all held email, which now says "There are no
pending requests" when I reload it; yet I've received at
least five copies of this email since I did that.

I haven't changed mailman settings recently; it's configured
to filter aggressively and accept only 'text/plain'.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105131>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/