[Savannah-help-public] Re: FYI: Savannah forces new projects to use GFDL

From: Rich Walker
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: FYI: Savannah forces new projects to use GFDL for documentation
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 19:10:14 +0000

that has been posted to gmane.linux.debian.devel.legal as well.

Felix Kühling <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I was trying to get my project DRIconf hosted at Savannah (Non-GNU) and
> found out that as of recently Savannah requires all new projects to
> license their documentation under the GFDL, which we all know, Debian
> considers non-free. Dual-licensing under GFDL and GPL is apparently
> still ok. See also
> http://savannah.gnu.org/task/?func=detailitem&item_id=5214.

Odd.

The hosting policies at

http://savannah.gnu.org/faq/?group_id=5802&question=Project_-_How_to_get_it_approved_quickly.txt

say:

# GNU GPL-compatible license: your license should be listed as
# compatible at
# http://www.gnu.org/licenses/license-list.html. Alternatively you can
# use the GNU Free Documentation License for technical
# documentation. You can also use the Affero GPL.

cheers, Rich.

--
rich walker         |  Shadow Robot Company | address@hidden
www.shadow.org.uk/products/newhand.shtml