[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105175] waitpid - wait for project terminati

From: Claudio Fontana
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105175] waitpid - wait for project termination (project reaping)
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 00:48:30 +0000

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Platform Version: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Hello,

my proposal is simply to reap projects from savannah which have not released
anything in any form whatsoever (no releases, no documentation, no CVS
entries, no web pages, no news, nothing at all), and are still in the
'planning' phase since, for example, 2003.

This is _not_ a request to remove dead projects (someone might still be using
or could use those resources in the future). This is a request to remove
unborn projects.

The reason for my request comes from navigating savannah nongnu to find
interesting projects. It takes time to screen projects, and the non-existant,
unborn entries further increase the effort.

Finding these projects could be solved by a carefully built query. What do
you think about this?

Feel free to FW to any pertinent mailing list.

Claudio

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105175>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/