[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105298] Cygwin can not create directory aux

From: Ales Cepek
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105298] Cygwin can not create directory aux on CVS co
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 16:50:28 +0200

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Dear Savannah administrators,

in the latest release of GNU Gama I accidentally used directory name 'aux'
which is a reserved name under Windows and I am getting complaints from Gama
cygwin users, that the new release cannot be neither downloaded from CVS nor
untared from the file from FTP archive.

I have renamed the aux directory to config.aux so the bug will be fixed in
the next release, but this hasn't helped in the case of CVS. Even with prune
parameter -P check out ends with "cvs [checkout aborted]: cannot make
directory gama/aux: Invalid argument".

I cannot see any other way how to get out of this problem but to ask you, if
you could remove from Gama repository empty directories gama/gama/aux and
gama/gama/scripts/aux.

Unfortunately in this case, I cannot change the repository myself.

Ales

Carbon-Copy List:

CC Address                          | Comment
address@hidden              |

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?func=detailitem&item_id=105298>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/