[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105537] Support for BountySource.com

From: Kirill Kononenko
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105537] Support for BountySource.com
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 00:24:23 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open

Details:

Is it possible to implement the following feature.

A developer has a repository access for a project at savannah, but he has
opened too a project at https://www.bountysource.com/ which is a subproject
of the main project. This service Bountysource.com provides a system of
bounties, that is, with it users can request features, giving a bounty to the
developer who implements this features. It implement various road-maps etc.
But Bountysource uses a svn repository of its own. I could use cvs2svn to
import the savannah repositoty once to the bountysource svn. But the
developer would like to stay with development with savannah and continue to
work with the cvs at savannah, so that his work is still better synchronized
with work of other developers, who would not want to move to the new svn. And
I believe it is of course better to stay on savannah. We we just would like to
use a bounty system for the subproject.

I know, that cvs can run scripts on commits (that's how it sends the commit
e-mails). Maybe a script can be written to patch the svn sources and commit
them automatically. (We'd do all the work in cvs and have the script copy and
commit it to svn).

I would like to help to implement this it, but I don't know where to start
even.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105537>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/