[Savannah-help-public] [sr #105675] still getting moderation requests fo

From: Per Bothner
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #105675] still getting moderation requests for spam on qexo-general
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2006 19:26:23 +0000

What I think is that there should be an option to "reject postings from
people not subscribed" as is done by most mailing lists theese days. I'm
astounded that mailman doesn't have this essential option.  It really should
be something easy for list adminstrators to set, without having know about
the listhelper magic.  Patching mailman so the list admin doesn't get
moderation notifications would an ok work-around.  If you don't have such a
patch, it ok to remove me from the list adminitrator address.

I could write a procmail filter, but that is clearly Not The Right Thing.
For one thing it doesn't scale to other mailing lists.

I assume the listhelper program mails back a bounce "sorry, you need to be
subscribed"?  Of course this really should be done at stmp connect time, to
avoid backscatter spam.  Or do you use some other way to avoid bounces to
forged addresses?

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?105675>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/