[Savannah-help-public] can't upload gzip test version to alpha.gnu.org

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] can't upload gzip test version to alpha.gnu.org
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:35:06 -0800

address@hidden (Karl Berry) writes:

>     Can you please fix gzip/m4/shell.m4,v on Savannah?
>
> I don't have the power.  If Stephan doesn't do it soon, I'll forward to
> Sylvain tomorrow morning.  Probably address@hidden is the
> best address for requests.

OK, thanks.  I have another problem now: I can't upload gzip test
distributions to alpha.gnu.org.  I tried the following command
recently:

gnupload --to alpha.gnu.org:gzip gzip-1.3.6.tar.gz

(where gnupload is taken from gnulib's latest version), and the shell
command succeeded (after asking for my passphrase) but nothing
happened.  That is, ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/gzip/ didn't change, and I
didn't get any email.  The same procedure worked for Autoconf
recently, so I don't think it's the script.

Sorry to bug you about stuff like this, but there it is...