[Savannah-help-public] CVS lock issue

From: Diodato, Lawrence F
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] CVS lock issue
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 10:32:59 -0500

I am receiving an error message when I try to commit a file.  The
filename is called FILTER_VDD.doc.  The error message is :

cvs commit: failed to create lock directory for
'/CDS/Storage/CDS-Lab/FilterModule'
(/CDS/Storage/CDS-Lab/FilterModule/#cvs.lock): Input/output error cvs
commit: lock failed - giving up cvs [commit aborted]: lock failed -
giving up

That particular directory has the appropriate permissions.  There should
not be an issue with "write" permissions.

What do you think is the problem?

Thanks,
Larry