Re: [Savannah-help-public] subversion beta test

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] subversion beta test
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 00:24:18 +0200

On Mon, Apr 09, 2007 at 08:49:05AM -0600, Rob Savoye wrote:
> I was told a few weeks ago (during the disk crash) that it would be
> possible to be a beta site for using subversion instead of CVS. We're
> the Gnash project, and classically want to use subversion's ability to
> rename directories... Is this a possible reality ?

Hi,

There's a "no-frill" SVN install at Savannah, which I currently test
by maintaining a Savane external branch through SVK:
http://svn.sv.gnu.org/viewcvs/?root=administration

There's also some roadmap:
https://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/WhenSvN

We could install a repository for the Gnash project, if you accept the
"testing" status and provide feedback :)

SVN is not our top priority (I was somewhat disappointed by SVN,
e.g. those renames are not supported accross multiple merges) but we
still plan to offer it site-wide.

If you need to install svn dumps, I can do that.