[Savannah-help-public] Error accessing Emacs GIT repo from windows (XP)

From: dhruva
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Error accessing Emacs GIT repo from windows (XP)
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 17:24:01 +0530

Hi,
 I am trying to use Git from Windows. Trying to access Emacs repo
fails. The failure messages are below. I was able to checkout the
windows Git source using the git executable I have. I would therefore
tend to rule out problems with the git tool on my box.

address@hidden ~/stub/repo/git
$ git clone http://git.sv.gnu.org/r/emacs.git emacs
warning: templates not found e:/tmp/msysgit/share/git-core/templates
Initialized empty Git repository in e:/users/dky/stub/repo/git/emacs/.git/
Cannot get remote repository information.
Perhaps git-update-server-info needs to be run there?

-dky

--
Dhruva Krishnamurthy
Contents reflect my personal views only!