[Savannah-help-public] Re: Project description page

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: Project description page
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2007 19:52:04 +0200

Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> On 28/10/2007 Yavor Doganov wrote:
> > The agreed standard location was
> > http://www.gnu.org/server/standards/translations/$project/
> > ...but TTBOMK we're still waiting for the Savannah hackers to ack
> > whether this could be done.
>
> I found that for the Italian group the web repository location had
> already been updated to the one you described. Unfortunately, trying to
> commit a file in our web repository did not result in it showing up at
> the expected location, so some part of the infrastructure is still
> missing.
>
> Will this be fixed soon? May we help in some way?

Unfortunately I can't answer this question, I hope that Sylvain or
someone else from the Savannah hackers will reply.

> We would like to move to Savannah both our working files (project
> repository) and our web pages (group description,

Good, that's what all teams should do.  ("moving to Savannah" is a bit
misleading, since everything is on Savannah.  I hope you mean moving it
out of the "www" tree.)

> licenses translations sice they are not usually put in the
> /licenses/ directory to avoid confusion with official versions).

Translations of licenses should not be hosted on gnu.org, since making
them available at a different location on the same server does not
avoid all possible confusion (your last commit is OK as long as it's a
temporary move).