Re: [Savannah-help-public] Problems logging in via ssh

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Problems logging in via ssh
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 19:42:42 +0200

Hi,

"Permission denied" means SSH couldn't find a key to match the one at
Savannah.

"Connection refused" means you probably attempted to connect during a
server maintenance.

The most likely cause of failure is that SSH doesn't know where to
find your private key. You can manually specify where your private key
is using the '-i' option for SSH. By default, SSH looks at
~/.ssh/id_dsa and ~/.ssh/id_rsa .

The reference documentation is here:
http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SshAccess

To further diagnose your problem, please send us the output of these
commands in a terminal:

cvs -t -d:ext:address@hidden/cvsroot/yourproject co yourproject
ssh -v address@hidden

Cheers!