[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106404] Confusion in your registration proce

From: Ira Weiny
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106404] Confusion in your registration process (Specifically the "Short/system name")
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 01:25:57 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: GNU/Linux
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

I just submitted my project "libopensmskummeeplugin" to your site and at
first I could not determine what the restrictions were on the "Short/system
name" were.  So first it would be nice when the name is too long or has
invalid characters to provide some link or text explaining what exactly is
wrong.  Or perhaps just what the "rules" are.

Second, in my experimentation to figure out what the rules were I think I
wrongfully submitted my project 2 times.  The first time was under the short
name "opensmskummee" then "osmskummeeplugin".  I appologize for the duplicate
submission but if I had know that the problem with the name was length I would
have chosen the more appropriate name "osmskummeeplugin" the first time.

Thanks,
Ira Weiny
address@hidden

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106404>