[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106417] Bazaar on Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106417] Bazaar on Savannah
Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2008 20:32:16 +0000

@Enrike
Hi,

> Now Bazaar control version system is a GNU project, would be
> nice to have support for GNU Bazaar repositories on Savannah.

Currently it's in beta phase, as Sandro pointed.
If you're willing to help, you could work on multi-repo support at Savannah
(check http://savannah.gnu.org/maintenance/SavaneTasks)

> In addition, as GNU Arch development seems frozen we can
> migrate our repositories from GNU Arch to GNU Bazaar.

I think this is up to users to decide.

@Sandro
Ciao,

> In particular, browsing of sources doesn't work,
> or has bogus link (404).

That's something I explained Rob a few days ago: the default Savannah URL
assumes the repository uses a default layout. Since there's no standard layout
(in particular, you use '/trunk' -- not '/', not '/HEAD', not '/gnash/devo',
etc.), you need to edit the webviewer URL accordingly (in your Savannah
project administration pages). The current webviewer outputs a 404 when you
don't give exactly the right branch name, it's something they might want to
fix, or maybe we'll setup another webviewer (since this one is taking forever
to start with only a couple repos).
It should not be difficult to figure out how things work by going to
'bzr.sv.gnu.org' and following the links.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106417>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/