[Savannah-help-public] Re: [gnu.org #376138] Certs for Savannah

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [gnu.org #376138] Certs for Savannah
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 13:56:03 +0200

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 16, 2008 at 11:25:59AM -0400, Ward Vandewege via RT wrote:
> Hi Sylvain,
>
> We've purchased 2 ssl certificates for savannah:
>
>   https://savannah.gnu.org
>   https://savannah.nongnu.org
>
> I've put them in /root/savannah-certs.tgz on Savannah.
>
> Can you install them in place of the self-signed certs?

John bought them a bit too hastily when Karl requested whether it
would be *possible*, and before anything was decided.

Since then we've switched from self-signed certs to cacert.org, which
was due since earlier this year, when they released their code under
the GNU GPL.

(also don't mail me privately for Savannah requests please)