[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106580] Installation and starting GNU HURD

From: paul régnier
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106580] Installation and starting GNU HURD
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 10:23:44 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: address@hidden
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello world !
I try to descover GNU HURD and install it on my computer in multiboot with
DEbian Linux and FreeBSD.

I have made an ext2fs partition of 2giga for / and an other more important
for a confortable /home

I have installed the système with the CD downloaded on Debian Site. and
apparently no problème comes during the installation.

But at the restarting, the système break on this message
start /hurd/ext2fs.static: /hurd/ext2fs.static: device:sd0s7: No such
device or address

and in the last messages I can read on the sreen I have noticed this one

Intel ISA/PCI/CardBus PCIC probe:
no bridges found.
ds: no socket drivers loaded!

I don't know how to get more information about what is wrong in my
installation.

Thank for any information
paul

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106580>