[Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #106589] Savannah Use SVN Documentation

From: Roger
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Re: [sr #106589] Savannah Use SVN Documentation
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 19:48:03 -0900

On Sun, 2008-12-28 at 03:52 +0000, Nicodemo Alvaro wrote:

>              Assigned to: None
>         Originator Email:
>         Operating System: None
>              Open/Closed: Open
>          Discussion Lock: Any

> Details:
>
> On Sat, Dec 27, 2008 at 8:04 PM, Roger wrote:
> > The Grub2 SVN Website lists the wrong SVN URL.
> >
> > The website shows:
> >
> > --- Begin of Snip ---
> >
> > Access using the SVN protocol:
> > svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/project/modulename
> >
> > --- End of Snip ---
> >

> > (And optionally, list "grub" or "grub2" as modulenames!)
> >
> The term project should be removed from both links in the documentation.
>
> Why is it that the server does not supply the project name in the link
> instead of the person?
>
> svn co svn://svn.savannah.gnu.org/modulename
> # or
> svn co http://svn.savannah.gnu.org/svn/modulename

Forgot to mention, "svn co svn://svn.sv.gnu.org/grub/trunk/modulename"
is the correct link.

And, meant to only suggest providing the actual module names instead of
"modulename" on the website as well.

(I probably should denote Grub/Grub2 w/i the subject, or is this mailing
list specific to Grub/Grub2?)

--
Roger
http://rogerx.freeshell.org