[Savannah-help-public] [sr #106700] Page statistics/log files? revisited

From: Alex Fernandez
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #106700] Page statistics/log files? revisited
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 2009 21:42:23 +0000

Today I did the test with awstats. Processing the huge Apache2 log from
download (sftp), with 1385993 records, took 82m33.840s. (About 300 records per
second, which seems pretty slow.) However once it is done you can extract all
the relevant pages very fast. After that I run the test:

./awstats.pl -config=elyxer -staticlinks
-output=urldetail:/releases-noredirect/elyxer

The results were quite good too. In fact a global config file can be used,
and then individual reports generated automatically for every project.

A sample result page is at ~/awstats-test/elyxer-stats-200903.html

Therefore both products can be made to work in our particular situation. I
would recommend awstats over webalizer because it is easier to aggregate
results from different providers (at least if everyone is using the same log
format, which is not a given.) With webalizer these results have to be sorted
first and then aggregated.

I am ready now to contact all mirror maintainers and address@hidden, and
ask them to place their log files in some available directory. How are we
supposed to get them securely? Do they have our public key, or something?

Let me know how we are going to proceed.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?106700>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/