Re: [Savannah-help-public] please rename gnewsense-de list

From: Sylvain Beucler
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] please rename gnewsense-de list
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:57:25 +0200

On Sat, Jul 25, 2009 at 07:10:44PM +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Jul 2009 11:01:12 +0200
> Sylvain Beucler <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 12:57:34AM +0930, Karl Goetz wrote:
> > > Hi all;
> > > I'm hoping gnewsense-de[1] can be renamed to gnewsense-users-de to
> > > match the naming convention used by other gNewSense lists[2].
> > >
> > > If it could be added to the list of lists for the gNewSense project
> > > at the same time it would be great.
>
> > Done!
>
> Thanks.
> Is there some way to stop new lists being created in the *gnewsense*
> namespace without an ok from the project? It would be nice to stop
> these sort of requests :)
> kk

Well I can't prevent system administrators to manually create lists, I
think it's just a matter of making it clear, in the gnewsense project,
that mailing lists are created from the Savannah interface by the
gnewsense project admins.  The first lists were created before the
Savannah project was available, I think, which is probably why this
was a bit messy (if lists are still created manually by non-admins
then let me know and we'll see who needs to be told about it).