Re: [Savannah-help-public] Cryptographic software legal notice

From: Eran Strod
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Cryptographic software legal notice
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2009 22:21:53 -0400

Hi Karl,

I manage the Koders.com open source source engine which Black Duck
took over a little over a year ago

I saw this news item on the Mozilla Foundation receiving a no
violation letter from the Commerce Dept and I got curious about how
other open source sites and projects are handling this.
http://www.internetnews.com/government/article.php/3839831/Mozilla+Firefox+Cleared+of+US+Export+Rules.htm

I went looking for references to License Exception TSU and found it on
a few project web sites, kernel.org for example.

Did you register savannah.gnu.org with the BIS and NSA or are you
requiring individual projects to register themselves?  Also, are you
blocking access for any countries to savannah.gnu.org?

Thanks,

---
Eran Strod
address@hidden