[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107497] "Request for Inclusion" is too vague

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107497] "Request for Inclusion" is too vague
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 00:29:26 +0000

My request is really limited to issues of wording: the functionality provided
is perfectly fine for our needs.
I could suggest alternative wording, but I'm not sure if it would be correct
in all cases, because I don't really know in the general case what is the
consequences of being a member.
Based on what I see in the `emacs' project, it seems that being a member
means having write access to the source repository.  If that's really all
there is to it, then it would be great to mention something like "Being a
member in a particular project gives you various privileges, such as write
access to its repository".  In the case of Emacs I'd also add something like
"To start contributing to the project, you do not need to be a member: you can
simply submit your patches to the mailing-list for review", but since I don't
know if that's the case for all projects, maybe it's better to leave it out.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107497>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/