[Savannah-help-public] [sr #107796] enable admins to perform move from C

From: Steve White
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #107796] enable admins to perform move from CVS to SVN without help
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 09:50:54 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email: Stevan_White
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hi!

All other steps of converting from CVS to SVN and creating an SVN dump can be
done by the project admin.  Only this one step of importing the dump into SVN
has to be done by you guys.  I'm presently waiting for it, with a broken web
site.

So it would be nice to provide a simple interface for this functionality.

I invision a web page for the project, with a single file upload widget, that
takes an SVN dump file.

It should check that eveything is in order (there isn't already a repository
by that name, etc.) and do the update.
Then it should report back to the admin the result status,
(any errors from SVN etc), both in the web page and in an e-mail.

Cheers!

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?107796>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/