[Savannah-help-public] Savannah login and support problems

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] Savannah login and support problems
Date: Fri, 9 Mar 2012 18:49:37 +0000

Hi

I hadn't logged into Savannah for a while and came back to log in today.
My account name is dog, and I am a member of the classpath and classpathx
projects. Firstly it would not accept my password, which hasn't changed
in years. I then requested that the password be sent out to my email
address, which should be on file as either address@hidden or
address@hidden Although the page submission completed successfully I
have not received any email. This leads me to suspect that my account on
savannah may have been compromised and the hacker changed my password and
email address.

In order to attempt to resolve this I followed the suggested link to
submit a support request. This link

  https://savannah.gnu.org/support/?group=administration

simply leads to a list of open support requests with no way to create a
new one. I suspected that it might not be possible to submit a support
request without being logged in, so I created a new user, logged in and
revisited this page: no joy, still no way to create a support request.

As part of creating a new user I noted that the requirements for the
complexity of passwords have been made more stringent since I created my
account. This may be part of the problem with logging in as dog.

So, in short: please can you investigate the dog account and ensure that
the associated email address hasn't been changed to something weird; reset
the password if necessary and notify me by email, or fix the lost-password
user journey if it's that that's broken; and fix the support link so that
new support requests can be entered.

If you need further confirmation that I am who I say I am, please find
attached the GPG public key that should be associated with the account -
if it has been hacked and the keys changed I rely on you entirely to
investigate when the password and keys were changed.

TIA
--
Chris Burdess