Re: [Savannah-help-public] How to redirect mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org ->

From: Volker Grabsch
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] How to redirect mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org -> mxe.cc
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 12:34:36 +0200

Karl Berry schrieb:
> PHP is definitely not enabled.  I don't think .htaccess can get the job
> done, due to the permissions setup, although feel free to committing an
> .htaccess with a RedirectPermanent or whatever and see if it works ...
[...]
> In my experience, by far the simplest and most future-proof method is to
> just go with the meta-refresh.

Thanks for your hints. I finally found a solution, and indeed
I had to use a combination of both approaches. I'm documenting
it here so that other project maintainers will have less trouble.

First, I added an .htaccess containing:

    RedirectPermanent  /  http://mxe.cc/

This causes a clean, HTTP permanent redirect on:

    http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/  -->  http://mxe.cc/

However, the other webserver (for www.nongnu.org) seems to
ignore the .htaccess file, so I also had to create an
index.html for meta-refresh:

    http://www.nongnu.org/mingw-cross-env/  -->  http://mxe.cc/

Finally, I verified that everything works as expected, by
looking at the result headers:

    curl -D- http://mingw-cross-env.nongnu.org/
    curl -D- http://www.nongnu.org/mingw-cross-env/

That's it!