Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to run bzr on savannah?

From: Michael J. Flickinger
Subject: Re: [Savannah-help-public] Unable to run bzr on savannah?
Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2012 17:23:48 -0400

On 6/22/12 7:37 AM, Richard Stallman wrote:
I tried doing

    bzr checkout sftp://address@hidden/srv/bzr/emacs/trunk trunk

and got

     subsystem request failed on channel 0
     bzr: ERROR: Unable to connect to SSH host bzr.savannah.gnu.org; EOF during
negotiation

What is wrong here?  I was able to cvs from savannah ok.

Savannah no longer supports the sftp protocol for bzr usage, please use bzr+ssh (sftp access to the vcs server is a bad idea).

Here's an example:

bzr checkout bzr+ssh://address@hidden/emacs/trunk trunk

Let me know if you encounter any other difficulties.

Best,
-- mjflick