[Savannah-help-public] [sr #108098] How to download consecutive websites

From: Hunter
Subject: [Savannah-help-public] [sr #108098] How to download consecutive websites using GNU wget in Windows platform
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 02:32:37 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: Microsoft Windows
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Good day. I am using GNU Wget to download 19 websites at a Windows platform.
The websites are shown below:

http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/stm0.html
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/stm1.html
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/stm18.html

In fact, the entire 19 websites are a quiz, in which some of them will
automatically loads the subsequent website after a certain time.

I have tried using few wget codes:
wget --convert-links -r http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/stm0.html

However, it did not produce desirable results and my computer took 1 day to
process it.

Anyone can give me a suggestion for improvement? Which code lines you can
advise me to use so I can browse the 19 websites offline?

Thanks.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108098>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/