[savannah-help-public] [sr #108411] Enable commit mails including diffs

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108411] Enable commit mails including diffs for GNU AUCTeX
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2013 23:42:55 +0000

Update of sr #108411 (project administration):

             Assigned to:                    None => rwp

I can trivially change the list name to auctex-diffs.  Then all of the commit
notifications would go there.  They would not go to auctex-commit anymore.
Done.

I can trivially make the hooks.showrev change and then the custom showrev
would be in effect.  Done.

I have done the above.  This might be enough for you.  Let me know.

I can trivially add another email address to hooks.mailinglist and then the
email would go both places.  I did not do this.  I am simply mentioning the
capability.

In order to have *both* the current short commit notifications going to the
auctex-commit list *and* the full diffs going to the auctex-diffs list we will
need to split or duplicate the post-receive-email hook script so that it runs
twice.  Each run would have different values of hooks.showrev.  I would leave
one standard and then simply hack the other for the local showrev value.

I will stop here and wait for your feedback.  Let me know if the above is
sufficient.  I can pretty easily clone the hook script and make a local copy
that continues to send the current notifications to the auctex-commit list.
If that is still desired.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108411>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/