[savannah-help-public] [sr #108433] "& " text in bug discussion was

From: Nachanon Vetjasit
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108433] "& " text in bug discussion was reduced to "&" in the corresponding E-Mail message
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2013 13:57:25 +0000

             Assigned to: None
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Note: please read this on Savannah directly, since this issue
may affect thread's E-Mail content.

Hello,
I have some problem posting to Savannah's support item page,
and this problem is somehow specific to a postings that contain
HTML character entity reference.

When I post a comment that have HTML character entity reference
in it, it results in the correct posting when viewed from Savannah.

But when I viewed the thread from E-Mail, some character entity
was decoded (instead of displayed verbatim) causing confusion,
especially if that thread was a discussion that involved HTML code.

Reproducing steps:

- Log in to GNU Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/account/login.php?uri=%2F

- Visit some random Savannah support item
  (in this case, sr #108277 which I originally encountered the issue)
  http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108277

- Type this in the "Add a new Comment" textbox:

(Note: this is a test on Savanae mailing issue, please disregard)
&amp;
&gt;
&lt;
&#39;
&#x22;

- Click "Submit Changes" on top of the page.

- Check your E-Mail for the message from Savannah.

- You'd see that in the message content:
"&amp;" will be turned to "&"
"&gt;" turned to ">"
and "&lt;" turned to "<"
(although "&#39;" and "&#x22;" were left intact)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108433>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/