[savannah-help-public] [sr #108445] Savannah download statistics issues

From: Ivaylo Valkov
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108445] Savannah download statistics issues
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2013 06:50:13 +0000

Hi Bob,

I'm using the Awstats output that Savannah provides to check the downloads
statistics for a project hosted at Savannah. The rest of the provided
information is not useful to me, since I cannot distinguish which is for my
project. How often? Something like once a week/two weeks.

I guess other projects might use it for that too.

I have some experience with AWstats on my server. It is very picky about the
config file permissions. From what I saw in the errors you provided, it might
be:

* wrong permissions for the config files, though it seems to read the log
file
* wrong LogFormat option, it usually equals 1 or 4 for Apache

If AWstats is causing a lot of maintenance and the only reasonable option
would be to stop it, I'll live with it. I'll either stop using Savannah's
download area and measure statistics on my own server, where the domain for my
project is. Since I am using html files to measure download statistics I could
have a resource at my own server that those files would referrer on my own
domain.

Do what you find best to solve the problem. If I could be of any help, I would
be glad to.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108445>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/