[savannah-help-public] [sr #108556] Enable SSL access to savannah

From: Savyasachee Jha
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108556] Enable SSL access to savannah
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 11:19:29 +0000

It would be the first line of defence against man-in-the-middle attacks, for
one. wget is an essential piece of software for me, and I compile it myself. I
also like to keep up with the git versions instead of the release ones, 'cause
the git versions have never given me problems yet, and I can submit bug
reports if they do.

Another is that git ports are blocked on many networks with admins refusing to
open them upon request (as is the case with my own work network). If https is
enabled, then it becomes trivial to access the repo.

All in all, it doesn't hurt, and it does improve both security and
accessibility.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108556>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/