[savannah-help-public] [sr #108562] "Submit" appears in two places, hitt

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108562] "Submit" appears in two places, hitting the wrong one loses your submission
Date: Mon, 12 May 2014 07:33:04 +0000

>But it should be hidden under a CSS pulldown menu. It should be a link. Is
that what you are seeing?

Yes, that is where I found it - the button that says Submit is out of sight
off the bottom of the screen, so I looked round for what to do next, having
typed in my bug report.

>click the browser back button. That should restore the form contents and
place you back to where you were before.

You say I should be able to hit the back button - when I do this the contents
of what I typed has gone (I just tested this out right here typing in this,
but I took the precaution of copying what I had typed to the clipboard
first!)
It sounds like that is the real bug to fix, as you say, accidentally
navigating away is always possible, but you don't want to lose a heap of
typing when you do.
I didn't offer to fix this as it would result in a net loss to the free
software movement by diverting me from Denemo - I didn't realize there was
no-one with the code at their fingertips who could replace the label "Submit"
with "Create Submission" or some such. And, now, with your comment about the
back button behavior, I guess the problem is more severe - that would just be
an amelioration.
Finally, I just noticed that this form (the one for adding a new comment)
*does* have a button "Submit Changes" in view, towards the top. But the form
to create a bug report does not :(

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108562>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/