[savannah-help-public] [sr #108630] delete user doesn't

From: Karl Berry
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108630] delete user doesn't
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 21:03:14 +0000

Indeed, in terms of the English words, I'd expect "delete" to remove all the
personal data and "suspend" to keep it.  Hmm.

I can theoretically imagine wanting to suspend an account without deleting the
data, but it's never come up (for me) in practice.

So if the user is not a member of any groups and has no tracker item, etc., I
guess I don't object to (a) merging the delete and suspend states, and (b)
removing personal data for both.

If the user has any such items, I think we should look at the situation and
not just blow them away.

As I recall, rms and others strongly suggested retaining a web-inaccessible
copy of data that is removed, somewhere/somehow ...

Thanks,
Karl

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108630>

  Message sent via/by Savannah