[savannah-help-public] [sr #108761] Please allow Non-Fast-Forward commit

From: Bruno Félix Rezende Ribeiro
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108761] Please allow Non-Fast-Forward commits for GNU ccd2cue's Git repository
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 2015 17:28:47 +0000

Thank you Assaf for your promptness!  I understand the issues of permanently
enabled NFF commits.  I really hope to never again have the need to edit the
repository's history.  I've used the cvs2git tool (of the cvs2svn package),
but I noticed the author naming issue too late, after pushing the repository
to Savannah, otherwise I could have mapped the author ID upon conversion.  I'm
thinking about writing an article about the process of conversion from CVS to
GIT on Savannah.  If I happen to do that, I will let Savannah users know. :-)

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108761>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/