Re: [savannah-help-public] Google Code will be no more at 2016-01-25

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Google Code will be no more at 2016-01-25
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2015 22:54:38 GMT

[Omitting lilypond-user as this info seems irrelevant to that huge list ...]

Hi Werner,

    How does the development of Savannah's bug tracking system work,

There have been no substantive requests for changes in a long time.  Or,
the requests have been for such pervasive changes (e.g., "support all
tracker stuff by email too") that they would amount to writing a whole
new system.  (fusionforge does not support an email interface to
trackers either, afaik.)  Hence, no development has been needed.

    > I wasn't sure if that would be sufficient.

    Why not?  Limiting to a small set of image formats supported by most
    browsers seems sensible to me.

I wasn't talking about the set of formats (I suppose jpeg and png
suffice there), but rather that running through netpbm suffices to erase
virus payloads.

    and [beuc] is also a Savannah adminstrator, AFAIK.

Sylvain resigned from active work on Savannah years ago.

    Perhaps you should do a ping.

My request wasn't that important.  If it had been answered, that would
have ben nice, but I don't want to bother individuals about it.  I only
mentioned it because you wanted to look into alternatives for lilypond.