Re: [savannah-help-public] Conceivable support for Allura?

From: Karl Berry
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Conceivable support for Allura?
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 22:14:13 GMT

        a) much of our issue/patch handling is done by scripts making life
        easy for developers.  Savane apparently does not offer an API for
        script-based manipulation of its issues.

Sadly true.  It would take some serious effort.  I suspect Assaf would
be the only person with any chance of tackling that in the foreseeable
future.  Assaf, wdyt?

        b) ... part of issue reports is the display of images

Werner L. mentioned that one previously.  It should be a lot simpler,
and I still hope to tackle it.

    Now the question is whether supporting something like Allura on
    Savannah

For myself, I don't foresee migrating Savannah as a whole to anything,
unless new, dedicated, and capable volunteers come forward.

    Thanks for any thoughts about this

One thing that comes to mind is that if there are Lilypond people
willing to install and maintain Allura specifically for Lilypond, I can
imagine that the FSF would be willing to provide virtual servers that
you could run yourself.  Then LP would control its own fate.

Best,
Karl