Re: [savannah-help-public] "500 Internal Server Error" for nongnu/lmi

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] "500 Internal Server Error" for nongnu/lmi
Date: Sat, 30 May 2015 16:56:16 -0600

Greg Chicares wrote:
> This page loads successfully:
>   http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/lmi
> but clicking its "Homepage" link, i.e.:
>   http://www.nongnu.org/lmi/
> now gives "500 Internal Server Error". This always worked in the past.
> I've tried refreshing the page manually and using a different browser.
>
> The same error results from attempting to access project webpages, e.g.:
>   http://www.nongnu.org/lmi/7702.html
> although that page's source is definitely in the "web" cvs:
>   http://web.cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/lmi/lmi/7702.html?view=log

These are working now.  It appears (no official statements so we are
assuming from the appearances) that the FSF migrated from Apache 2.2
to Apache 2.4 and initially there was some breakage.  Time has passed
and things are working again.  I imagine they were caught by
configuration issues and it took them a while to fix them.  I heard a
rumor that they reorganized how the configuration files were set.  The
www.gnu.org and www.nongnu.org web sites are maintained by the FSF and
not the Savannah team.  We don't have visibility into them.

Bob