[savannah-help-public] [sr #108849] Password reset for user 'titanium714

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108849] Password reset for user 'titanium714'
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 14:24:14 +0000

             Assigned to: agn
        Originator Email:
        Operating System: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello,

I'm opening a new ticket - instead of piggy-backing on a very old one
(#103746).

Request was:
===
I'm just new here I would like to know if you can help me retrieve my password
at my address@hidden
I lost my number where can send pass code and email account at icloud. I hope
you can help me
===

Just to verify:
You are the owner of the GNU Savannah account 'titanium714', whose email is a
'address@hidden', and you want to change the password?

First,
There is no 'password retrieval' - only password reset (we do not keep the
original password in cleartext).

Second,
If you can login to the GNU Savannah account - then it seems you do have the
password. Perhaps it is also cached in the web browser's "saved passwords"
settings?

Third,
If you can access your icloud account, you can request password reset token
here:
https://savannah.gnu.org/account/lostpw.php

Fourth,
We can not change the email associated with the account without some proof of
account ownership. Unfortunately your GNU Savannah account does not have a GPG
key or SSH Public keys uploaded.
Unless you can read emails on your icloud account, I'm afraid I do not see a
way for us to verify the ownership.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed.

regards,
 - assaf