Re: [savannah-help-public] Gnnuspeech release for savannah.gnu.org/proje

From: David Hill
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] Gnnuspeech release for savannah.gnu.org/projects/gnuspeech
Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 22:32:42 -0700

Dear Assaf,

Many thanks for the helpful comments, suggestions & information. The possible
use of 'alpha.gnu.org' I had encountered in the GNU documentation. It is an
intriguing thought, though our package is sufficiently different from the
normal run of GNU software (and, despite testing, has known omissions more than
bugs) that I am tempted to go for "quick release" rather than yet more delay.
I'll see what the others say. We'd like to get the work disseminated and
encourage others to help complete what is already a useful, practical suite.
The faults are more to do with possible functional deficiencies and problems
with documentation, than with coding problems (though TRAcT could do with
refactoring), and those lacking speech knowledge may find it a challenge to
comment.

The outline of what to include in the mail-out, and the examples, are
particularly helpful.

All good wishes.

david