[savannah-help-public] [sr #108964] Changing email address doesn't work

From: Justus Winter
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #108964] Changing email address doesn't work
Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2016 09:24:21 +0000

Hi Karl,

I just tried again, with the same result, and bounced you the message.  Also,
I just noticed I didn't really read the message.

So when I requested the change the page notification reads

"Database updated, mail sent to X, mail sent to Y, follow the instructions to
complete the change."  (paraphrased, it went away when I clicked on it to copy
it)

Then the email reads

"Someone, presumably you, has requested a change of email address on
Savannah.
If it wasn't you, maybe someone is trying to steal your account...

Your current address is X, the supposedly new
address is Y.

If you did not request that change, please visit the following URL to discard
the email change and report the problem to us:

https://savannah.gnu.org/my/admin/change.php?item=email&confirm_hash=<somehash>"

So I have to do nothing to allow the change and visit the URL to discard the
request?  If so, then please accept my apologies for not reading the message
more carefully. The php error still stands of course, and all the other such
confirmation messages are opt-in, not opt-out.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/support/?108964>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/