Re: [savannah-help-public] savannah git is down or unusably slow

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] savannah git is down or unusably slow
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 16:09:08 -0700

Hi Paul,

Paul Eggert wrote:
> This morning I've been plagued with scenarios like this when trying to hack
> on gnulib:

The FSF status page shows that they are working on vcs at this time.

  https://pumprock.net/fsfstatus

The underlying hosting hardware has been plagued with performance
problems for a long time.  But this is made worse when these systems
get hit with a denial of service attack.  Looking now it looks like
that is the problem.

  vcs:~# uptime
   22:53:40 up 55 min,  2 users,  load average: 113.98, 102.24, 71.22

The system has been rebooted within the hour.  Good.  Running a load
average of 100+ is bad.  I can't get enough cycles out of the system
to get enough info to tell if this is a DDoS attack or if this is
simply an overload of normal usage but that is the problem at the
moment.  I see that Lisa is working on it.

Bob