Re: [savannah-help-public] ft-devel attachments in digest mode

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] ft-devel attachments in digest mode
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 01:48:52 -0600

Hello Werner, Hin-Tak,

From: Hin-Tak Leung
> It has been something that has been bothering me for a while -
> I get freetype-devel in digest mode; I thought the attachments
> aren't supposed to work in digest mode (and they don't - below).
> But if I actually go to the list archive under
> https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/freetype-devel and find
> the same e-mail in the archive, and
> the list archive would have completely different urls for
> the attachments, and those do work.
>
> I suppose this is a problem with savannah's infrastructure?

I think we are talking about this message:

  http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/freetype-devel/2016-03/msg00054.html

This looks like a bug in Mailman's digest mailings.  I think it is
coincidental but this same issue was just recently reported by a
lilypond-user too.  I think it likely that Mailman digests are simply
broken.

The mailing lists are not part of Savannah.  The mailing lists are on
a different system and administered by the FSF admins.  None of the
Savannah volunteers have administrative access to the lists system.
And so we can't help on this problem.  (A couple of us also help with
the mailing lists but that is anti-spam and subscription and
unsubscription help.  We don't have access to actually fix any
problems with the Mailman mailing list code.)

I suggest reporting this problem to FSF address@hidden and see what
they say.

Bob