Re: [savannah-help-public] gneuralnetwork git repository

From: Jean Michel Sellier
Subject: Re: [savannah-help-public] gneuralnetwork git repository
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2016 08:41:26 +0100

Hello Bob,

MANY thanks for your email and for offering your help. Yes, it was a mistake and I would be more than happy if you could fix it as soon as possible, so that it disappear from the history of the repo. Please keep me updated.

Thanks again,

JM

Hello Jean,

Congratulations on the start of Gneural Network!

I am one of the Savannah volunteer administrators.  I noticed that
your first upload of source code to the new git repository was of the
binary tar file.  Then a modified binary tar file.  Then the files
themselves came in the third upload.

I am sure those binary files in the first upload, and therefore added
to the project history forever, were a simple mistake.  Correcting it
immediately would be the best thing to do.  If you like I can allow
non-fast-forwards to allow you to overwrite the master branch without
the binary tar files.  (Normally this is not allowed in order to
prevent loss of source code.)  Or if you wish assistance I would
happily modify the repository behind the scenes to remove the binary
tar files.

Since this is a new project and this happened just today it is easy to
do it but if done it should be done as soon as possible.  Or never
done because it will have become part of the project history and many
people will have pulled from it later.

I recommend fixing it.  Let us (the Savannah folks, CC'd) know what
you would like to do.

Bob