[savannah-help-public] [sr #109017] Git branches other than master shoul

From: Assaf Gordon
Subject: [savannah-help-public] [sr #109017] Git branches other than master should allow non-fast-forward commits
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2016 04:18:13 +0000

Update of sr #109017 (project administration):

Follow-up Comment #1:

Hello,

Thank you for your email - this is indeed a desired feature.

It has been previously discussed, but a reliable and robust implementation has
not be deployed yet.

background:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2015-01/msg00008.html

possible implementation:
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2015-01/msg00011.html

Currently, savannah's servers are in a delicate state: they are running on old
hardware and somewhat old OS, and we try to avoid making major changes as much
as possible.
Hopefully, the new hardware will be deployed soon (
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/savannah-hackers-public/2016-04/msg00012.html
), with new OSes and better infrastructure.

When that happens, I certainly think we can move ahead with implement this and
several other needed features.

In the meantime, suggestions and improvements to the git-hook are very much
needed - if you are willing to help with that - please let's continue this
discussion on the address@hidden mailing list.

For now,
I am closing this ticket.

regards,